Friday, April 20, 2012

Quite the day (and yes, I changed the font)

I have a bad habit of not taking a lunch hour.  I decided to do that today, and I'm so glad I did.  I've known Amy for years and we've kept in touch even though we are no longer working at the same non-profit.  We met for coffee and "shop talk" today, and it evolved into so much more...a wonderful time of sharing, of tears and side-shaking laughter, and a connection even more firmly sealed. 

As I shared with Amy, I have many many many acquaintances and folks I'm friendly with, but few friends.  It's not that I don't like or even love people.  I definitely do.  And I treasure my time with various folks for a variety of things we do together.  But there IS an inner circle that most never reach with me.  Some do.  Primarily female, it is a tight circle...some of them know one another, some do not.  Regardless, I trust these women, am inspired by these women, and hopefully I give them as much as I receive.  This is just "the INFJ way" of being...it's not intended to be exclusionary.  (Is that a word? :-)  )  It is MY way of being.  And I'm truly fine with it.   Anyway, this sharing of souls today was wonderful and made my day!

Another wonderful connection was made today:  I gained entry into the INFJ group on facebook and my world has opened to a host of folks who just GET IT.  I'll expound more on the whole typology thing sometime, but let me just say, as a very rare type and introverted to boot, it is not always the easiest world to navigate much less thrive in.  Talking with folks and learning healthy ways of coping as well as not having to reinvent the wheel to communicate with them is such a relief.  I'm so thankful.  

I also got my car back today!  The "Princess", AKA my elegant little Focus sedan, threw a transmission hissy fit after just 24K.  Ford did cover their "bad" and fixed it (meaning I got a new transmission).  Not having my car, having to deal with a rental, the stress of the situation, had really weighed on me. 

I feel so good about things today.  My world is on properly on its axis, no wobbling.

Tomorrow's plan:  a day of (somewhat) solitude.  Baking pies and a massage therapy session with the wonderful Linda Flack at noon.  Being good to myself!

Peace to all!
K

No comments:

Post a Comment