Thursday, April 26, 2012

Calmer Now

Twilight, on my front porch.  Mozart playing softly in the background.  Night noises abound:  birds, frogs in my neighbor's garden pond.  Waiting for my sweet one to come home from work (he teaches late on Thursday evenings).   The world seems to have shifted back on its axis once again.  It always does. 

A solitary white cat pads quietly and steadily across the vacant lot across the street.  The hunting hours are upon us.  Woe betide the mice.  My indoor cats watch from their window seat. 

Purple and grey clouds are rolling by to the south.  The next few days will be chilly and rainy.  Best to enjoy and savor today's mildness for all its worth, every last moment. 

Times like these are precious.  Quiet, peaceful, they bring me a sense of well-being and hope for health and good things to come. 

Goodnight Moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment