Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Room of One's Own

I'm finally creating the haven I've always wanted, in my own home this time.  The sunroom is officially mine, and I'm making a craft-yoga-reading-sewing-dreaming space all my own! 

It's the smallest room in the house, but it's perfect.  Surrounded by windows on three sides, it's sunny and breezy.  I'm painting it a creamy butter color, with a sky blue ceiling.  Not sure about curtains...certainly nothing that will block all of that gorgeous light and air.  Bamboo shades, or maybe some very sheer, floaty curtains...haven't decided.  The room overlooks what will be the patio and gardens in the backyard. 

I've already moved all of my artsy creative books in there, plus my craft table and file.  I have a TV in there, but only for yoga DVDs and to tune in music.  A favorite white chair I've had since college days is in there too.  I scoured Goodwill the other day and found the perfect pillows to go with it, plus a meditation cushion, on the cheap (my favorite way!).  I'm going to put a plant in there too...I want something living and breathing in there besides me...and I found a pot that just summed up the kind of color I'm looking for in there. 

This room will have all of my favorite colors surrounding me....greens and watery blues, lavender, buttercream...and all of my favorite soft textures.  This room is ME!!! 

2 comments:

  1. This sounds blissful. I actually have my own bedroom (as well as my own studio) and I've been wanting to do something special with it since we moved into this house in 2006(!!!) but I just haven't done anything. I'd love to paint a wall a soft blue, get some more art for it, create an altar and a dedicated meditation/prayer space, and truly make it into a blissful haven. Maybe someday. I'm gradually changing things up around this house. There's just always something *else* I want to do first, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOT congratulations on having a playce of your own :)

    ReplyDelete